Full Service Heavy and Medium Truck Dealer
Serving the Trucking Industry for 50 Years!
- 1962 – GATR opens for the first time as Grile Auto & Truck Repair
- March 1970 – GATR is approved as an incorporated business.
- 1993 – Body shop addition was built
- 1994 – GATR became a Volvo dealer
- March 1999 – Bob Neitzke and his wife Lysa move back to his home state of MN where he joins Grile Auto and Truck Repair (GATR) as operations manager with the agreement to purchase the business.
- October 1999 – Became a Workhorse Service Center
- 2000 – Major building expansion for all departments
- December 2000 – Neitzke purchases GATR. When he bought the company, out of respect for Grile’s years of ownership he changed the company’s legal name of Grile Auto and Truck Repair, to GATR, keeping the acronym that had become associated with the business.
- 2002 through 2008 – Parts department achieves Volvo Multi-Million Dollar Club Status
- Sept 2003 – GATR became a Nationalease affiliate
- June 2004 – GATR became a Workhorse dealer
- 2004 – Volvo Truck Dealer of the Year
- 2005 – Nominated for ATD Truck Dealer of the Year
- 2005 – Two members of the GATR service team and one member of parts won the Volvo International Service Technical Association (VISTA) competition for top dealer service and parts personnel in North America. About 7,000 dealer personnel from 55 countries participated in the competition in 2005.
- 2005 – Starts truck leasing and rental department
- 2006 – Neitzke purchases eight acres near the intersection of County Road 75 and I-94, intended for future expansion of the business. That location is now too small to accommodate the company’s growth.
- 2007 – GATR became a Hino dealer
- 2008 – Parts department remodeled and modernized to accommodate growth in business.2009-Parts and Service team won 2nd place in Volvo VISTA competition.
- 2010 – GATR joined the Volvo Truck Leasing System2011 Parts and Service team won 3rd place in Volvo VISTA competition.2011- Bob Neitzke purchased a dealership in Cedar Rapids, IA. GATR Truck Center – Cedar Rapids currently has a sales dept, service and parts.
- 2011 – GATR Truck Center – Sauk Rapids, Inc. named 2011 Volvo Dealer of the Year
- 2012 – GATR Truck Center acquired McKenna Truck Center, Inc. in Des Moines, IA. GATR Truck Center – Des Moines currently has a sales dept, service, parts, body shop, and rental/leasing department.
- 2013 – GATR Truck Center named 2012 Volvo Dealer of the Year
- 2014 – GATR Truck Center – Cedar Rapids parts department named 2013 Volvo Parts Dealer of the Year!
- 2014 – GATR Truck Center recognized as a Patriotic Employer by the Office of the Secretary of Defense.
- 2014 – GATR Truck Center receives a nomination for the 2015 ATD Truck Dealer of the Year.
- 2015 – GATR Truck Center began construction on new location in Elk River, MN.
- 2016 – GATR Truck Center – Elk River opened for business.
- 2016 – GATR Truck Center – Waterloo (formerly Stuber Trucks) opened for business.
GATR Truck Center has enjoyed steady growth since Bob Neitzke became involved in the business in 1999. “Our growth and success is because we’ve hired good people.” Neitzke is obsessed with service. “Anyone can make a good truck,” he said. “The only thing that makes us different is service. That’s the only thing we can really influence or control. If you can give the absolutely best service, they’ll keep buying from you. They’ll see you as the expert.”
Excerpts taken from Business Central St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce Jan / Feb 2009